GET TO KNOW OUR SPEAKERS
Rev. Joseph Freedy, Pittsburgh, PA
Rev. Jose Maniyangat, Jacksonville, FL
Chairman, Danny Garza
Assistant Chairman, Sally Yeo
Finance Officer, Jose Dela Torre
Secretary, Kyle Laluces
Treasurer, Romy Arellano
LAST YEAR'S CONFERENCE
More Than 300 Faithful Gather for Charismatic Conference
Faithful of all ages and backgrounds came to pray and enjoy the day at the Archdiocese of San Francisco Catholic Charismatic Renewal Holy Spirit Conference Sept. 22 at St. Mary’s Cathedral. (Photos by Dennis Callahan/Catholic San Francisco)
October 11, 2018
More than 300 faithful gathered Sept. 22 at St. Mary’s Cathedral for the Archdiocese of San Francisco Catholic Charismatic Renewal Holy Spirit Conference. The event theme was, “Break every chain by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
The full, bilingual day began with the rosary in English and Spanish at 8:30 a.m. and continued with talks exhorting attendees on topics including generational chains, chains one does not know are binding, and strengthening relationship with the Holy Spirit. Father Raymund Reyes, renewal liaison for the archdiocese, offered opening remarks and was principal celebrant and homilist at a 7 p.m. Mass closing the day.
The conference focused on praying and fasting, sacrifice and learning “how praise and a focus on Jesus Christ assists in breaking personal chains that bind us and others,” Rose Payan, renewal vice chair in charge of communications, told Catholic San Francisco. “Father Reyes encouraged conference participants not only to pray for themselves but also for others and for our church,” she said.
Invited speakers inspired conference participants to pray and break their personal chins and those of others, Payan said.
Confessions were available throughout the day along with adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, praise and worship and a healing service.
Assisting in the conference were additional priests, the Daughters of Carmel, renewal board members, and music groups including The Lord’s Flock and SILOAM from St. Augustine Parish in South San Francisco, the Hispanic Music Ministry from St. Francis of Assisi Parish in East Palo Alto.
Reprinted from Catholic San Francisco
As a lay organization, the mission of the Charismatic Renewal is:
- To help all people come to know the love of God in their lives as demonstrated through our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- To help our brothers and sisters respond to God's love by loving God in return through a commitment to serve Christ and His Church.
- To assist them to listen and follow the movement of the Holy Spirit at work in their lives.
- To help our brothers and sisters recognize the ministry that God has called them to, and accept the gifts that God desires to bestow upon them for His work in our Church and in our world.
- To lead them to a New Life offered to us by the Holy Spirit.