View Conference Flyer here
CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC RENEWAL
A life in the Spirit seminar held over six nights during the Easter season at St. Dominic Parish, San Francisco drew more than a hundred faithful. The course, organized by the charismatic renewal's Deacon Ernie von Emster, and St. Dominic's Michael O'Smith, was led by Father Ray Reyes, Vicar for Clergy and Liaison to the renewal for the archdiocese. The renewal board and the archdiocese sponsored the talks. "Each session included a time of praise and worship and testimony reflecting each topic given by individuals from across the archdiocese who have experienced the transforming work of the Holy Spirit in their lives," Rose Payan, one of the session's speakers, told Catholic San Francisco. "From the evaluations received, seminar participants experienced the 'Current of God's Grace' and gained a deeper relationship with Jesus through the power of the Holy spirit."
- Around the Archdiocese - Catholic San Francisco, August 9, 2018
As a lay organization, the mission of the Charismatic Renewal is:
- To help all people come to know the love of God in their lives as demonstrated through our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- To help our brothers and sisters respond to God's love by loving God in return through a commitment to serve Christ and His Church.
- To assist them to listen and follow the movement of the Holy Spirit at work in their lives.
- To help our brothers and sisters recognize the ministry that God has called them to, and accept the gifts that God desires to bestow upon them for His work in our Church and in our world.
- To lead them to a New Life offered to us by the Holy Spirit.
"You Will Receive Power"
"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes down
on you; then you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria,
yes, even to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
"Today, millions of Catholics in more than 115 countries are involved in
the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. What accounts for this dramatic
growth? Those involved in the Renewal say that God has touched
them in some profound way, releasing the power of the Holy Spirit in
The goal of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal is to serve the mission of the Church by enabling people to live a renewed and Christian life in the power of the Holy Spirit. Every Christian is called to be charismatic – that is, to be equipped with gifts of service for the good of the Church. (1Cor.12)
In the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, Catholics speak of being "baptized in the Holy Spirit." This statement does not change the Catholic teaching about the Sacrament of Baptism. It simply means that the power of the Spirit received in the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation often awaits a fuller "release" in the lives of many Christians."
Click here to view a video about the History of the Charismatic Renewal in the Catholic Church.
Catholic Bible Search
Other Bible Versions